Are you tired of eating the same kind of food every day? Do you wish to add some excitement to your daily meals?
Experience the colourful and flavourful Nigerian Fried Rice packed with vitamins and nutrients from different fresh Vegetables.
|Recipe: Nigerian Fried Rice
- 1 sachet/2 teaspoon Ataro West African Seasoning Mix
- 250 gram rice
- 0.5 litre chicken stock or water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sized onion, diced
- 1 medium sized Carrot, diced
- 2 long fresh green beans, diced
- 1/2 small green pepper, diced
- 1 spring onion
- 25 grams sweet corn
- 25 grams green peas
- Wash rice with hot water until the water runs clear and drain.
- Pour water and chicken stock into a clean pan.
- Add onions, spices and seasoning and allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the rice and cook until the rice is soft and all the water has been absorbed.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onions
- Add spring onions, green beans, carrots and allow to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the cooked rice and stir well.
- Add the green pepper, red pepper and sweet corn and stir again, making sure that everything is mixed well together.
- Bring down from the heat and serve
|§ You may need to adjust the water content depending on the type of rice you prefer to use
§ Make sure that the water is completely absorbed before frying the rice (to avoid sogginess)
|Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Each week we introduce an exciting and healthy West African recipe, we put the ingredients in a box with our simple and easy cooking guides that assures complete stress free cooking for your enjoyment. Best of all is that you get to experience a whole new taste and flavor of the Atarosfood West African Cuisine.
Click here to have all the ingredients delivered next day at your door step. Deliveries only within the Netherlands, Outside the Netherlands, order the West African seasoning mix.